Are you afraid of heights? The Church of Our Savior is nearly 300 feet tall. But the view of Copenhagen that unfolds around you is worth it!
How to Get to The Top of the Church of Our Savior
Craving this view of Copenhagen? Me too, I want to go back!
- The Church of Our Savior has a paid admission to climb to the top.
- It costs around 35.00 DKK – 45.00 DKK for adults, but there are student discounts!
- It is open year around Monday-Sunday 11:00-15:30.
Are There Tour Guides?
There are no tour guides to take you up. But don’t worry! There are PLENTY of creepy church-attic-artifacts to keep you entertained on your way up the 250 inside steps of the church. And once you get to the top there are maps to explain all that you can see!
Is it Scary to Climb the Church of Our Savior?
If you are scared of heights, GO FOR IT! You don’t even have to climb to the very tip-top. Because, once you climb just 250 of the 400 steps, you made it to the main viewing platform!
I will be honest, climbing the spiraling stairs on the outside is the scariest part. I got dizzy! It feels like you are spinning around-and-around inside a the most beautiful panoramic view of Copenhagen.
The Church of Our Savior Facts
- There are 400 steps to the top of the spire
- 150 of them being on the outside
- It is 90 meters high
- The church was finished in 1752. That is 256 years of history I was walking on!
- “In December the tower is only open on 1st, 6th, 8th, 12th og 15th. Closed in January and February. Reopens in March.” (source)
- 60,000 people visit it a year! (Compare this to The Little Mermaid which has over 1 Million Visitors a year)
Have you ever visited the Church of Our Savior? What did you think of the view of Copenhagen? Let me know by commenting!